21/01/2019 by Western Fence & Gate
6 Advantages to a Classic Chain Link Fence
Did you know that chain link is the best-selling fence type in North America? It’s the go-to fencing option for schools, outdoor sports fields, industrial sites, worksites and high-security facilities. It’s also a popular choice for homes. Unsurprisingly, there’s a lot to like about chain link fences. Here are the six main advantages to installing a chain link fence on your residential, commercial or industrial property.
1. They’re durable. One of the main benefits of chain link fences is their strength. They’re made of galvanized steel, which is designed to withstand the elements—be it rain, snow or ice—and prevent rusting. And they’re sturdy in the face of strong winds, not only because of their robust material, but also the open links.
2. They’re low maintenance. Chain link fences require barely any upkeep. They last upwards of 20 years, and during this time, you’ll in all likelihood be spared the expense of repairs and repainting. To keep your fence looking fresh and shiny, simply hose it down with soap and water as needed.
3. They’re easy to repair. If your fence does happen to become damaged, repairing it is a simple matter. The damaged section can easily be cut out and replaced, and the new section will blend in perfectly with the existing fencing.
4. They’re very secure. There’s a reason why chain link fences are the most popular choice for businesses and facilities requiring high-level security. In addition to being strong and sturdy, they can easily be built up very high and have additional security features added such as barbwire and security gates.
5. They’re see-through. In many circumstances, the transparency of chain link fences constitutes a distinct advantage. At schools and parks, for instance, this allows parents and teachers to easily supervise children. And unlike other fence types, chain link doesn’t block out sunlight. For homeowners, this means a sunnier yard.
6. They’re affordable. Chain link tends to be the most inexpensive fencing option. Both the fence itself and the installation are low cost relative to brick, PVC, wood and other forms of residential fencing. And their long lifespan makes them all the more cost-effective.
Chain link fence installation in Vancouver, Surrey and Langley
Are you looking to put up a chain link fence? Western Fence & Gate provides top-quality chain link fences and impeccable installation. For over 40 years, we’ve been a trusted fabricator and installer of chain link and ornamental fencing for residential, commercial and industrial clients in Vancouver, Surrey and Langley. Reach out to us today to request a quote.