Chain Link versus Aluminum: Pros and Cons of Each Fencing Material
Fencing is used to enclose an outdoor area and is usually constructed using posts, which are connected through boards, wire or nets. Fences are really important when it comes to privacy and security to homeowners. Fencing also increases your property value significantly. There are several different fencing materials available in the market these days. You can select the right one for your backyard, according to your requirements. At Western Fence & Gate Ltd, we offer chain link and aluminum fences to our clients in Vancouver. Our team has the experience and knowledge to handle all commercial, residential and industrial projects. We also install and repair swing gates, rolling gates and automated driveway gates.
Chain Link Fences
Chain link fence is a kind of woven fence. It is made from galvanized or LLDPE-coated steel wires, which run vertically and are bent into a zig-zag pattern to form a diamond shape. They are very cost-effective and are commonly used in residential fencing.
- It is the most affordable option, particularly when you have to fence a large area.
- It is easier to install compared to other types of fencing.
- There are several styles of fences available, with gray and silver coloured ones being the most popular. It is also available in several colour-coated steel options including red, black and blue. You have the option of choosing the desired thickness of steel and height of the fence.
- This type of fencing does not wear easily, is resilient and requires minimal maintenance. The steel used to manufacture chain link fences is usually galvanized, which increases its durability.
This type of fencing is not very feasible if security is your major concern. Most of the fences used in residential applications have a height of about 4 feet, which can be easily climbed. A barbed wire can be used to prevent this but that is more suited in commercial and industrial settings.
As these fences are see-through, they do not offer much privacy.
Chain link fencing is usually preferred by homeowners as it is reasonably priced and is a good solution to contain pets and children.
This fence is primarily constructed using aluminum, which has a low density and high resistance to corrosion. It has become a popular choice for fencing and railing as it is lightweight and durable.
· Aluminum is super easy to clean and does not require a lot of maintenance. You don’t have to paint these fences and the material does not rust.
· It is cheaper compared to other fencing materials such as steel or wrought iron.
· Aluminum is very versatile. It is usually used in ornamental fencing as it is available in several shapes and designs.
· It is very easy to install and is adaptable. It can be used on any landscape, whether flat or sloped, without creating any gaps in between the fencing.
· Most of the manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on aluminum fencing as they can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
· Aluminum fencing is environmentally friendly as it is usually made from recycled aluminum. It helps reduce waste.
· It can withstand harsh weather conditions (both extreme heat and cold).
· Aluminum is not as strong as other materials such as steel and wood; it can be bent very easily. These fences do not offer a lot of security.
· This type of fencing does not offer a lot of privacy.
Aluminum fences can be used for both commercial and residential purposes.
Western Fence & Gate Ltd. provides fencing products for all properties, including sports facilities. We have been serving clients in Vancouver since 1976. We also offer dog kennels and enclosures. For more information on our products and services, contact us today.